Community Announcements

Town Office Hours


The Turner Town Office is open the following hours:


  • Mondays - 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

  • Tuesday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

The Code Enforcement Officer's office hours are Mondays Noon to 4:30 p.m., and Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Residents are encouraged to call ahead as the CEO could be out on inspections during these hours.

Annual Town Meeting/Elections - May 20 & 22

This year's Annual Elections and Town Meeting are scheduled for Thursday, May 20 (elections) and Saturday, May 22 (open Town Meeting).  Voting will take place on the 20th from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Town Office, and Town Meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday the 22nd at the Leavitt Area High School Cafeteria.

The Town Report may be viewed by clicking here.

Ordinances/Amendments May be viewed by clicking each, below:

Town-Wide Revaluation

Field work is under way for Turner's town-wide revaluation.  During this phase, assessors from John E. O'Donnell and Associates will visit each property in town to measure and photograph all structures, and note any other property improvements and features.  The assessors will toot their vehicle horn from the driveway, will knock on the door to make their presence known, and will display identification.  They do not need to enter any buildings and will not ask for interior access, but will go inside if requested.  This phase will continue so long as weather permits, and will pick up again in the spring, if necessary.

The purpose of the revaluation is to obtain a complete inventory of all properties, and assess them at or near a reasonable market value.  It has been more than 20 years since the last revaluation, and much has changed in that time.  We expect that virtually all property values will increase, and the tax rate will go down.  As for actual tax bills next year, the usual outcome of a revaluation is that about a third will increase, a third will decrease, and a third will stay about the same.  Property owners will be advised of their new property values before bills are mailed next year and will have the opportunity to meet with the assessors if they have questions or concerns.  

Draft Comprehensive Plan Approved by State

The draft Comprehensive Plan that was the subject of the December 19 Public Hearing was revised and submitted to the state for review.  On May 13, 2020, notification was received by the Bureau of Resource Information & Land Use Planning in the Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry, that the plan is consistent with Maine's Growth Management Act.  The plan now requires acceptance at the annual Town Meeting as the final step in the approval process.  Click here to view the final plan.

Rescue "Subscription" Program

Turner Rescue is pleased to offer a Subscription Program which can help reduce or even eliminate the cost of their services for Turner residents.  To learn more about the program, please click here.


Medical Marijuana Licensing

Effective April 6, 2020, all state-certified Medical Marijuana Caregivers that have operations in Turner must have a local license in addition to state certification.  A copy of the town's ordinance is available by clicking here.  The application form is available hereTown licenses must be obtained for all new and previously existing establishments, and renewed annually.  Establishments that do not obtain a license yet continue operate risk falling out of compliance with state requirements in addition to a local fine.  

Hall Rentals

Need space for a fundraising event, community meeting, birthday party or family reunion?  Turner has space available in several buildings at a variety of prices, based on event purpose, residency, etc.  Contact the Town Office (225-3414) for additional information.